D'Beautiful Art of Gifting


The seed for this blog was sown on February 14th Valentine's Day when I received a gift from Sankari  my good friend who runs a home based products for the skin that she has rebranded it as Milirvu (https://www.facebook.com/nbcoproducts) (www.instagram.com/naturesbounty_skinfood). I was her first customer for Milirvu and she graciously gifted me so may goodies including as Rose Quartz Japa Mala with 108 rose crystals.

So what does the first thought that comes to your mind when you think of the word gift!!!!! Let me rewind you guys back to my school days where we used to play Chris Mom and exchange gifts on the D-day. So I would pester people at home, take them out and get a nice gift for my Chris Child. This gene and trait is from my mom. She always thinks out of the box and unique articles for gifting. With so much excitement I would anticipate the gift I would receive and give. It always used to fall during exams,so the amount of tension to score well was also present at the back of our minds. But it would be a dampener of sorts for me, seriously would receive things that were used, wouldn't qualify as gifts, this actually continued many years in my schooling. When I used to return home with my dad I used to question him why am I receiving such stuffs, being a kid at that age difficult to understand. But my parents convinced me stating maybe that is what they could afford and you should accept with love whatever has been gifted to you. So with a pinch of salt I did accept such gifts. That fret was always there in my mind. I always loved to gift and chose the best possible gifts.

In college tables turned, I started getting and gifting good ones. So it continues even until now where I love to surprise people and gift something really unique. Being more mature now, I don't expect anything from any one, cause the universe had taught me to give and don't expect anything in return. There were multiple instances in adulthood when asked for help I didn't get any. So I try the best to help and avoid asking people for favors. Had learnt it the hard away

What is that these two instances teach us, one teach kids from young as you are the role model for them have that thought embedded in your mind if you are a parent, if one cannot afford a gift get even a tiny chocolate bar and ask your kid to gift it in school. Please never gift anyone things that are used or disliked by you. How does it ever make it to a gift category? Refrain from such stuffs.

The other its okay to ask for help when people aren't willing , ask the universe to help you it never says no. In the most difficult of situations there is always a way out the universe figures it out for you, maybe a little late and with some extra effort.

On a side note hope you had a wonderful V-day, I surely had a blast with my girl besties. Let me know your thoughts on this write-up in the comments section.


                                             V- Day Gift from SivaSankari



Comments

  1. Very nice write up.. It's so true.. Over Expectations makes us sad.. If we don't expect everything is a surprise🙂.. Your gifts are always a treasure for me..Best always🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely write up. Lovely lines: "ask the universe to help you it never says no. In the most difficult of situations there is always a way out the universe figures it out for you, maybe a little late and with some extra effort".

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true that universe helps you đź’š


    Recently posted...best moisturizer for oily skin in India

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts